Call for Proposals 2014
Dutch-Australian Cultural Heritage Initiatives
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Canberra welcomes project proposals for initiatives in the field of Dutch-Australian cultural heritage to be initiated in 2014. The deadline for submissions is 1 December 2013.
The historical ties between the Netherlands and Australia date back more than 400 years, when Dutch VOC ships were the first to map the Australian continent. Australia is therefore a priority country in the international heritage policies of the Netherlands as this heritage forms one of the bases of the bilateral relations between Australia and the Netherlands.
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Canberra actively promotes Dutch-Australian cultural heritage; material and immaterial relics from the past that the Netherlands shares with Australia. Through this call, the Embassy wishes to stimulate activities in the field of Dutch-Australian cultural heritage, concerning either maritime, mercantile, migration or military heritage relations.
Project proposals have to comply with and will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Grant applications must be submitted by a local (i.e. Australian) organisation which is not dependent on the grant for its financial survival;
- The project should help to strengthen the Netherlands’ international cultural profile and the cultural heritage cooperation between the Netherlands and Australia;
- The project should raise awareness about the particular heritage cause, strengthen local support for the heritage project and be accessible to the general public;
- The activity should not yet have started and the duration of the project should not exceed four years;
- There must be a clear link with one or more of the main themes in Dutch-Australian cultural heritage: maritime, mercantile, migration or military heritage;
- The contribution of the Embassy will in principle not exceed 60% of the total project budget. Involvement of other public or private partners is therefore advisable;
- The requested financial contribution of the Embassy should be between 3.000 and 25.000 AUD;
- Not eligible: charitable activities and projects of purely commercial nature.
Applications can be submitted until 1 December 2013 by filling out the attached application form.
For further questions, please contact the Department of Cultural Affairs and Public Diplomacy: